Monday, April 4, 2011

Upcoming events!

I know 6 people back in Iowa who are getting super excited! On Wednesday afternoon my mom, dad, aunt Aggie, aunt Pat, aunt Judy and uncle Steve will be setting off on their own journey to come and visit me. If you think I'm excited, I bet they are even more! I know my mom is nervous and tired of packing. We are going on a bus tour of Scotland while they are here and the luggage restrictions for the bus are different from those on the plane. So my mom is all fed up with trying to figure out what she can and ca't take. I remember that feeling, but now I feel like a pro when it comes to packing.

So this week, I need to buckle down and really get stuff done. I'm making good progress on my second Hollywood essay, which is all about Alfred Hitchcock. I feel like I have been watching so many of Hitch's movies that they are all blurring together. I guess that is what they are supposed to do, Hitch has a very distinct style and all of his movies seem to follow the same rules. I did manage to get my book review done and I'm currently all caught up on my journals. I also have an OP essay that I need to work on. The OP essay, the Hollywood essay and the book review are all due on the same day, May 6th, which is the week after Easter break.

This is the last week of classes before Easter break and then we have 3 weeks off. Then we have one week of lectures and then it is finals. So the rest of my time here in Wales is going to fly by. Besides my family being here over Easter break and our tour of Scotland, we (the program group of Americans) are going to Ireland. That should be pretty amazing!

After Ireland we get back on a Thursday afternoon and Friday is the big royal wedding. The wedding doesn't seem to be that big of a deal here in the UK but according to my mom it's all over the TV back home. Either way, a few of us are going to jump on a train the night we get back from Ireland and head to London. I'm sure we won't get to see anything and we are only going to be there for the day, but I'm sure the buzz will be exciting. AND we will be able to say we were THERE! I'm super stoked!

We also have plans to go back to London at the end of May. We are going to see Wicked again and we are also going to see Phantom of the Opera. I'm so excited! I'ma little sad that it seems I won't be exploring outside of the UK but I shouldn't complain because the UK is pretty awesome! Guess I will just have to have another adventure some day to tour the rest of Europe. Cheers!

Until next time...

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment