Monday, February 14, 2011

I miss you

Like I said in the last post, I have been missing home a lot lately. It was really hard leaving home, harder than I thought it was going to be. But I said all my good byes and I was off. The hardest good bye was to Jaime and the kids. I didn't have trouble saying good bye before that because I just kept telling everyone "It's not like I'm not coming back". But when it came time to say good bye to the person who is like the sister I never had, I had a really hard time. It was also hard to saying good bye to my mom and dad, but after I did I was on to new feelings. Meeting new people and new adventures. I quickly got over missing people because by the time I arrived in Wales I was so busy taking in all of my new surroundings. Now that I have been here for a month, all of the new things are wearing off. Everything is becoming routine for the most part and I have had a lot of free time to myself to just think... Think about all of the people I miss, think about the great food, I miss driving, I miss the snow, I miss it all! Don't get me wrong, I love it here, I'm having a great time. I love the classes I'm taking and I love all the new people I have met. I really didn't think it would ever hit me because I have left home before. I never had trouble leaving home, I have always kind of been a traveler. But everything here is different and it makes it a little harder. I got word that some of my family is coming to visit, which is great but I just wish they were here and I didn't have to wait. I'm sure this will all pass, but for now I will just miss everyone at home.

The really great thing about today is my mom's skype was not working. This may sound like a bad thing, but because it wasn't working I broke down and bought some skype credit to make phone calls. So I called home and got to talk to mom, which isn't anything new since we talk on skype all the time. But what was cool was I had a lot of left over credit, because you had to get at least $10, I was able to call and talk to Grandma Millie. Tears rolled down my eyes when she picked up. She was so surprised to hear my voice. Caroline was there, so I got to talk to her too. It was a good day. I don't want to keep calling to everyone at home because it will only make it harder, but it was nice to hear Gram's voice. So I'm going to keep my chin up and try to stay positive, but all and all, I miss you all!

Until next time...

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment