Saturday, February 19, 2011

Lets go to the movies!

Today Sheilagh and Riley and myself decided we missed going to the theater to see a movie. They actually call it the cinema here; I'm still having a hard time changing my vocabulary. So we took the 12:02 train to Llandudno Junction where the closest "cinema" is located. It was 5 pounds to get there which wasn't too bad and it took about 20 minutes. The train was PACKED! We couldn't even come close to getting a seat. It was full of annoying adolescents! Guess we now know what all of the youth in Bangor does on a Saturday, they go to Llandudno... We got off the train and really didn't have a clue where we were going, so what did we do? We followed the giant mob of teeny-boppers, guessing they would probably lead us to where we needed to be. Sure enough, that is exactly what they did! We checked out the movie times and decided we would go to "Just go with it" at 3:30. We had some time to kill so we had some McDonalds just because it was there. It was awful! Ugh, I really don't like McDonalds to begin with and I thought the burgers here are terrible. The fries are ok but like I said the burger was terrible. We still had more time to kill so we walked around Tesco, which is basically like Walmart. Finally 3:30 rolled around and we were super ready to see a movie. The other two got some popcorn but I declined because I didn't want to pay 6 pounds for it and I knew it wouldn't be like the great terribly awesome movie theater popcorn like at home. The theater room we were in was tiny and it filled up really fast. I'm glad we got there early. They played tons of "adverts" or as we call them, commercials before the movie started. The movie was super funny, but hardly no one laughed out loud but us. We were pretty loud and obnoxious when it came to laughing, or so it seemed, because we were pretty much the only ones that were laughing out loud. The best part about the movie was, the little girl was pretending to have a British accent. I found that really comical and I wondered what all the British people thought of that character. The train ride home was also full of annoying teenagers. I can't believe their parents let them go out and about like that. They all seemed really young to be traveling by train all over the place by themselves. I guess that is a cultural difference, and we don't have the train transportation back home. I guess it is normal to them, but seems strange to me. But, overall it was a really fun day and we will have to do it again for sure!

Until next time...

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment