Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh! I do go to school here too!

So, everyone keeps giving me a hard time about all the fun I have been having here. Well, I guess I kind of deserve it. I have been having the time of my life and living it up for sure! I love all the traveling and the freedom. If I were at home right now I would be stressed about how I was going to get 3 lab reports done and study for the 2 tests I have next week. That is not the case here at all. For the most part I have had the freedom to go out every night if I really wanted to. This is in contrast with home, where I would maybe go out a handful of times throughout one semester. It is hard to choose which lifestyle I like better. You may think I'm crazy but I kind of miss the structure of St. Ambrose. I miss being challenged and having to study all the time. I also really miss having a job. I had 3 back home, so not having on here, plus having all of this free time is quite a transition. I even had time to color my hair again! It is even more pink than the last time and the color is lasting pretty well! At least it lasted longer than 3 washes!

Lately I have been wasting most of my time on watching movies. I would say in the last 2 weeks I have watched well of 20 movies. Oh the power of the internet! Really, though I am being productive in watching all of these movies. One of the classes I am taking here is a Hollywood films class. We are getting close to the first essay that we have to write (I'm actually blogging to avoid starting the paper haha!) and I am developing my filmography by watching all of these movies. This paper is going to be pretty hard for me to write because as you all know film is definitely not where my main focus of study is. I am a hard core science paper and I can write a lab report of a proposal like it is my job. When it comes to writing other academic papers not focused on science I'm kind of in the dark. So this could be a challenge. I'm starting it somewhat early. I have done some research already and I even have the cover page done! AND, I've been watching a ton of relevant movies. So, we will see where this paper ends up.

I also did an online test for ecology this past week. Which if I have to pick a least favorite section of biology it would be ecology for sure (Sorry Amy if you are reading this, I'm sure it would be much more enjoyable if I took it with you). I like all of the human stuff when it comes to science, not so much plants and animals, that is pretty much what ecology is. This class also deals with evolution with is also one of my least favorites. But I got a 25/30 which is pretty good. Could have been better but I swear some of the questions were impossible ;o)

Tomorrow is OP. Tuesday's group did gorge scrambling, so we will see if we do the same activity. Friday, I have a field trip for ecology. We are collecting samples from a forest somewhere, so that should be interesting (not!). Then Sunday we have another field trip for Tecwyn's class so there will be more blogs to come soon! Sorry I have been lacking in the blogs, but like I said all I have been doing lately is watching movies :) I guess I could give you a movie list... haha!

Until next time...

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment