Friday, March 25, 2011

Outdoor Rock Climbing

So it really is official, I really don't like rock climbing. I don't know what it is but this is something I really don't enjoy. This week for OP we went rock climbing outside. It was such a beautiful day; I bet it was in the 60s. We were actually really warm climbing, which is very rare for Wales. The sun was shinning and it was so beautiful; I think I even got a tan ;o)

We had a different lady this week, not quite sure why. Anyways, she was not nearly as fun as Llion. She seemed like she didn't know what she was doing or where we were going. She just really threw the day off. When we got to the mountain we were going to climb at she didn't seem to know where exactly we were going. We kind of wandered around for awhile and then finally came to where we would be climbing. Then she had to secure the climbing lines at the top of the rock face. I think if Llion would have been the one doing the activity he would have had us help with this or at least let us watch. Instead we waited at the bottom for 2 HOURS while she secured them herself. So we sat around waiting, soaking up the sun; which was kind of fun.

Once she came back down we finally got to do some climbing, which I wasn't overly excited about. I was determined to do better than I did the time we climbed inside but I still wasn't really excited; especially after the wild goose chase we went through to get there. Riley was my climbing parter and she climbed first while I was the belayer. She did really well which kind of encouraged me because she struggled with rock climbing the week we were at the wall. If she could do it without any troubles then I might actually have a shot. Once it was my turn I tied in and set off. With much difficulty I actually made it to the top. I was really shaken up like the last time but I still managed to do it. I was really proud of myself and the descent down was a lot of fun. I would be ok if we could just do the going down thing. I really like being belayed down, I just don't really like climbing up. I guess I just don't have the strength to do it. We had 4 other lines to climb on. I tried 2 more and then I had enough. I didn't get to the top but at least I tried. And I did make it to the top on one of the lines that a lot of people struggled with. Made me feel pretty good too. Overall the day was a success but I will be ok if I don't do it again.



No comments:

Post a Comment